2021年托福阅读词汇:A weary warrior

时间:2021-02-07 17:49:28 来源:网络

【摘要】 还有几天就要过年啦,不知道大家有没有在家复习备考的计划呢?考必过小编为大家整理了关于“2021年托福阅读词汇:A weary warrior”的信息,下面我们就一起来看下“2021年托福阅读词汇:A weary warrior”的内容吧!

2021年托福阅读词汇:A weary warrior

I warily weaved my way along the path of the watercourse. I had to remember that I was a warrior.

我警惕地沿河道迂回行进。我必须牢记自己是个勇士。

My first duty was to fight the enemy. Like many warriors, I was brave.

我的首要职责是和敌人作战。和许多勇士一样,我作战勇敢。

But unlike many, I possessed a wary attitude.

但是和许多人不同,我有种谨慎的态度。

Some thought bravery meant acting as if their life was not precious.

有些人认为,勇敢意味着要视死如归,对生命抱无所谓的态度。

I didn't buy into that. My life was precious.

我并不赞同。我的生命是宝贵的,

It was also warrantable, and whatever warranty I had expired long ago.

同时也是可以担保的,而我的担保书早已过期了。

This didn't mean I wavered in my duty.

这并不是说我在职责方面发生动摇。

Unlike cowards, I don't turn to wax just because I'm a bit weary.

和懦夫不同,我并没有因为有些厌战而任人摆布。

Weariness is just another fact of battle, another fact of life, really.

厌战只是战斗的另一方面,生活的另一方面而已。

The weaver of this grand scheme we call life put us in our situation for a reason.

我们称为生命的这个宏伟规划的安排者由于某个缘故而将我们置于目前自身所处的境地。

Right now, I had to figure out how best to cope with being hunted down by a superior force of men.

现在,我必须想出良策来对付优势敌军的追捕。

I had tons of places to hide. The water was wavy, and if I dove in,

我有许多地方可以藏身。河水波涛滚滚,如果我跳入水中,

the enemy wouldn't be so willing to jump in after me.

敌人是不愿随后跳入的。

This wasn't the navy chasing me, and they weren't waterproof inpiduals.

追赶我的不是海军,他们并非不怕水。

They wouldn't be so willing to look through tons of trash, either.

他们也不愿在堆积如山的垃圾中搜查。

An abandoned waste disposal plant was ahead of me.

前面是一处废弃的垃圾处理厂。

I thought briefly of hiding in the tall weeds of the waxy textured grass.

我临时想到藏身于质地柔顺的高高的杂草丛中。

That was too obvious a place, however, and besides,

但是那个地方太显眼,而且,

sections of the grassland had already begun weathering away as winter approached.

一块块草地随着冬季的来临已开始退去。

I had to quickly wed thought with action.

我必须迅速地将想法付诸实施。

My own welfare was at stake here, not to mention the well-being of those men serving under me.

我自身的幸福受到威胁,更不用说手下人的幸福。

I had to wheedle out of this. I kept thinking about my young brother.

我必须想出办法脱身。我不住地想到我的兄弟。

He had invited me to his wedding. I wouldn't be able to make it, of course.

他邀请我参加他的婚礼。当然我去不成了。

I was off at war. But that very day while I was running for my life he was making wedding vows.

我在外作战。但是就在这一天,我在逃命,他在盟誓成婚。

I wanted to survive this ordeal, if for no other reason than to tell my brother, "Congratulations!"

我希望在这场勘难中逃生,不为别的,只为向兄弟道声祝贺。

The thought of not seeing him again made me weep slightly.

想到再也见不到他了,我轻轻落泪。

I suddenly found a weird looking wedge-shaped object in the grass a few yards from me.

突然我发现离我几码远的草丛里有一个样子奇怪的楔形物体。

The enemy approached, one by one. With my newfound weapon, I slowly but surely took them all out.

敌人——逼近。手握刚刚找到的武器,我稳扎稳打,将敌人悉数击毙。

It was my greatest battlefield triumph. And yes, I made it back and celebrated with my brother.

这是我在战场上的最大胜利。而且,我赶了回来,向兄弟祝贺。

重点词汇

ordeal[ɔ:'di:l, ɔ:'di:əl]

n. 严酷的考验,痛苦的经验,神裁法

precious['preʃəs]

adj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的

adv.

wheedle['wi:dl]

v. (以甜言蜜语)诱惑,(用甜言蜜语)哄骗

textured['tekstʃəd]

adj. 粗糙的,有织纹的

weariness['wiərinis]

n. 疲倦,厌倦,疲劳

weary['wiəri]

adj. 疲倦的,厌烦的

v. 疲倦,厌烦,生

disposal[dis'pəuzəl]

n. 处理,处置,布置,配置

n. 垃圾

willing['wiliŋ]

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

weaver['wi:və]

n. 织布者,织工

waterproof['wɔ:təpru:f]

adj. 防水的,耐水的

n. 防水材料

以上就是考必过小编为大家整理的关于“2021年托福阅读词汇:A weary warrior”的相关信息,新春将至,提前祝大家新年快乐~想了解更多考试最新资讯可以关注考必过。

上一篇      下一篇
托福考试相关推荐 更多>>
2021年托福阅读词汇:A Worldly Wholesaler 2021年托福阅读词汇:A vocation for the vigorous
托福考试热点专题 更多>>
热点问答
国家公务员考试年龄限制是多少 公务员国考和省考考试内容有什么区别 函授大专学历能不能考公务员 国家公务员考试考点能自己选择吗 新闻学专业能报考2022年公务员考试吗 什么是联合培养研究生 什么是破格录取研究生 什么人不适合读研 研究生报名户口所在地填什么 研究生结业和毕业有什么区别
网站首页 网站地图 返回顶部
考必过移动版 https://m.kaobiguo.net